Friday, December 5, 2014

Sketchbook Cover

My sketchbook cover reflects me in a various amount of ways, but mostly through the theme of dreaming/dreamer. My head is up in the clouds most of the time and also, with the castle, shows how I want to be a princess/queen, hence why dreaming/dreamer is the main theme. I used "unity" as the principal of design and "cool (colors)" as the color scheme to accomplish this reflection of who I am and how I act. In addition, I also used both pictures seen here to, again, get across a symbol that represents me. I took both photos myself. One is Cinderlla's castle from the famous Disney icon, which I photographed in Disneyworld in Florida. Along with that is the picture of the clouds, which I shot on the way to Florida. These are both pictures I caught in the moment. I think these are good photos compositionaly because the picture of the castle captures the beauty of it and the clouds just look cool because it gives you a sense of being in the sky. Put together, it's like walking on a cloud and creates its own fantasyland/world of fantasy! Along with that, I wrote my name in "disney font." (; I love the photos individually just because I love dreaming, both while sleeping and having an idea in my mind to accomplish something which possibly is a "big dream" which is portrayed through the image of the clouds. I also love the idea of fairytales and just Disney in general which I take from the picture of the castle. Combined, it shows of a place I've pictured and have often wanted to go to. Pretty much exactly like this cover (a castle in the clouds.) All this came together after time of cutting and gluing to tell you a bit about me, which, again, is I am a dreamer and I love fairytales, because "what exactly are fairytales? They're a reminder that things will get better if we just hold on to hope." -Once Upon a Time 

No comments:

Post a Comment